Wednesday, August 10, 2011

One Thing


So many thoughts today. I started reading through the Gospels over and over per the recommendation of an evangelist friends of ours. He said that reading about Jesus' life on earth had changed his life. That sounded good - life changing - I need that. So, I started doing it. It has been good. Reading Jesus' words have been a blessing. Walking where He walked, meeting those whom He met, watching His life, all of it is changing my life.

One Thing

But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her. - Luke 10:42

Last night, as I was drifting off to sleep, I started thinking about my career, as a Mom. :) Leslie lost her third tooth last night. She's in first grade! Laci isn't far behind her. Pretty soon, hugging and cuddling with me will not be something they want to do. I'm hoping I'll be ready for that when the time comes. I hope I can "let go", but sometimes I wonder if I can? I started to get very melancholy about it. I started praying about it and telling myself that that's life - kids grow up - and that's a good thing! I managed to fall asleep without shedding any tears.
This morning, I was so happy to read in God's Word that there is one thing in life that will not be taken away and that is spending time with the Lord. Sitting at the "feet of Jesus" via His Word is permanent. I can do it anywhere, anytime. I don't have to be in church or in a quiet place. I can talk to Him, and listen to Him while cooking, folding laundry, or even as I drift off to sleep. Many things in this life beckon for my attention, but only one thing is needful, and that's my time with the Lord.

I hope everyone is able to enjoy some time in His Word today! Walking with God is the key to happiness. Read His Word, pray, and obey! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I politely request that any questions or disagreement be sent to me directly via e-mail. You may reach me by using my contact page.