Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Keep Going


In Genesis 26:17-22, I read about Isaac and how he dug wells. It's a simple thought for today. Isaac's enemies filled up the wells that Abraham had dug. Isaac dug them again, and he dug his own wells, which others wanted. Each time he dug a new well, there were his enemies, trying to take it from him. But Isaac just kept going, kept digging wells and finally, they left him alone. When the "enemy" - the world, the flesh, the devil - try to take my "well", I must keep going. I must keep working. I know that eventually, the enemy will quiet down. It's painful to keep going, to keep "digging". It's a lot work, but it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I politely request that any questions or disagreement be sent to me directly via e-mail. You may reach me by using my contact page.