Monday, November 7, 2011

Anatomy of a Trial

I apologize if my postings here seem to be all on one subject. I suppose, whenever we are going through something, we naturally tend to look for thoughts/encouragement/help from God's Word on that particular subject. Each day, when I open up my Bible, I seem to gravitate toward passages that deal with what I'm feeling.I certainly believe the Lord is strengthening me this way, but I also know that I'm partial; I'm looking for these things on purpose. (And that's okay.) Today, I read a bit from Jeremiah and Psalms. Psalms 107 is a great chapter. I noticed for the first time this morning that the Lord tells me the way trials work right in this chapter. The writer says:

Psalm 107:25-30
25 For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof. 
26 They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble. 
27 They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wits' end. 
28 Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses. 
29 He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still. 
30 Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven.


Do you see the pattern? This encouraged me so much today! It lays it out for me.
1. The Lord is the one who allows trials to come. (v. 25)
2. He allows them to get bad - very bad. (v.26)
3. The one in the trial suffers, seems to be going crazy! (v.27)
4. They pray, no, they cry! The Lord delivers them.
5. He makes things calm again. (v.28)
6. The sufferer is glad, they have found a solace in the storm. They have survived, and are stronger for it. (v.29)
Then, I'm adding this: Repeat. The process will start over and over until we reach those pristine shores of Heaven. Each storm, each trial is to mold us and make us more like Christ. I am currently in #3 and #4 myself! What a blessing to know that God will bring me through this time. I know I will be glad and I will be in my desired haven someday. I have His Word on that.


1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I politely request that any questions or disagreement be sent to me directly via e-mail. You may reach me by using my contact page.