Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Giving Myself to Prayer

Psalm 109:4 For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.

In Psalm 109, David is talking about someone who has treated him badly. Obviously, it is someone that he has shown kindness to. Our verse today says that in return for David's love, the people became his enemies. That's always a blessing, isn't it! We treat someone kindly, we go above and beyond for someone, and then they turn against us! As my dad used to say, with friends like that, who needs enemies?

David's words pricked my heart today: "but I give myself unto prayer." Ouch! I'd rather give myself unto complaining. Or eating. Or losing my temper. Or whining. Or all four. Not prayer. Yet, I see the power and truth in David's words. Prayer truly is the answer. Prayer changes things, it changes others, but most of all, it changes me. I admit that my prayer life is one of the hardest things for me to remain consistent on! I don't know why it's such a struggle, I've had many prayers answered over the years, so I know its power. I suppose I'm just lazy. I want to do better in my prayer life; I want to give myself to prayer when life is hard, and when it's good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I politely request that any questions or disagreement be sent to me directly via e-mail. You may reach me by using my contact page.