Friday, August 12, 2011

God Will Meet My Needs


It was a blessing to read Luke 12:22 And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought of your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. 23 The life is more than meat and the body is more than raiment.

And then:

28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?

This was both convicting and encouraging. How often do I worry over where physical needs will come? More often than I'd like to admit! I often think "How will I pay for this or that?" They are true needs, not wants, and I often plot and plan how I can attain these possessions, without once consulting with my Heavenly Father. It was encouraging to see that He knows my needs and will provide for them in His special way and in His timing. I go to him for really BIG things, like a vehicle, for instance. But He cares about my needing a new skirt, or a new pair of shoes just as much as He would the larger items. I want to take my needs to Him, realizing there is no need to small - or too big - for Him. He can provide it all, and He wants to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I politely request that any questions or disagreement be sent to me directly via e-mail. You may reach me by using my contact page.