Friday, November 11, 2011

Somebody's Watching

Matt. 27:54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.


When I was 17 years old, my pastor's wife mentioned to me in passing one day, that her little girl wanted to wear her hair pulled up in a clip because that's how I wore mine. I remember being so surprised that her daughter, maybe about six years old, even noticed me. I didn't have much interaction with that age group. But, I was faithfully in church, and so was she. She had been sitting in her pew, taking note of my hair, and copying me.

Today, I read about how Jesus was being watched. He wasn't sitting in a pew, though. He was suffering and dying for all mankind. He knew He was being watched, because He is God. His death made a difference in a centurion standing by. That soldier recognized that He was God, just by watching Him.

This verse reminded me that in good times and bad, I'm being watched. By my children, my church family, and others whom I do not know. What are they seeing in me? Do they see Christ reflected in my life? I hope so. Folks are noticing things much more important than my hair style! Things like, how I react to trouble, sorrow, angry words, accusations, lost people, and on and on.

We just finished our revival meeting, and the Lord gave me a laundry list of things I need to work on! I don't know if I'm quite transparent enough to share them on here or not...maybe in time. I'm still praying and thinking on what needs to be changed. I want to change because I want to obey Christ. I want to reflect Him more clearly to those around me. Because somebody is watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I politely request that any questions or disagreement be sent to me directly via e-mail. You may reach me by using my contact page.