Monday, September 19, 2011

He Deserves It

1 Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, diving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Rev. 20:1-3 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more,...


It seems like I have a target on my back lately. I find myself being irritable, quick tempered, a worrier (more than normal). If there is a problem in our family, I've noticed that lately, it begins with me. I'm the one who snaps at the children, putting everyone on edge; I'm the one fretting over this problem and that problem, causing my husband's stress level to increase; I'm the one who can't go on (or so I think, anyway). My family hasn't had to sit down with me and have an intervention, telling me how much I've been failing. The Holy Spirit holds a daily "intervention" with me each morning from the pages of God's Word and in my prayer time. I feel that He is grieved, and I don't like that feeling. I want to be strong during times of hardship; I want to trust more when things are looking bleak. When I do the opposite, I hate it.

I recently told my husband that I really feel that Satan is "gunning for me" during these hard days. If he can affect me, it's pretty certain that I will affect the rest of the family. Logically, an enemy would aim for the weakest point in a battle. God's Word tells us that women are the weaker vessel in 1 Pet. 3:7. This doesn't mean we can't do anything for ourselves, it's a comparison. We are weaker physically compared to a man, as well as emotionally. As a woman, I am sensitive. It doesn't take much to bring me low emotionally. If the Devil can drag me down, he's got everyone else, too. I asked my husband to be extra patient with me right now, to pray for me even more, and to help me fight Satan's attacks.

I was so pleased to read about Satan's ultimate demise in Rev. 20:3! I cannot wait for the day when my Savior will put Satan away! After all the trouble he's caused, I can say with confidence that He deserves it!

1 comment:

  1. Satan's after all of us, for sure, and he knows just how and when to attack us. You are wise to stay in God's Word. I certainly need to dwell there more!
    I love you.
    Mother

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I politely request that any questions or disagreement be sent to me directly via e-mail. You may reach me by using my contact page.