Monday, November 14, 2011

Pause and Reflect

Ps. 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praiase: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

This verse brings back memories. I memorized Psalm 100 in first grade - I believe it was the first memory verse of the year. My teacher, Mrs. Parson, copied it from a large print Bible and gave out the photocopies. Funny how things like that stay in your mind so many years later. This is an appropriate verse to learn for the holidays. A reminder to be thankful.

I am pausing to reflect and give thanks for my life. It's a good time of year for folks to take stock of how they're spending their time, which is their life. Questions I'm asking myself? Is this best use of my time? Is this the best use of my talents? Am I unbalanced in an area? How can I correct that imbalance? What is the Lord's will  for me in (whatever) area?

Some areas I'm reevaluating is the amount of time I spend online. Is this a wise use of my time? Am I being a Proverbs 31 woman by doing this? I'll be honest, lately, I'm getting on Facebook or reading blogs, just to log off feeling defeated. I'm trying to supplement our family income in some way from my home, but blogging is draining what precious "free" time I have in which to cultivate my talents, turning them into a profit. I'm also evaluating several spiritual areas, which were highlighted to me during our revival meeting last week.

Because of this, I've decided to take the rest of November off from this blog to think, pray and plan. I appreciate those of you who drop by every weekday to read. I only have so much life, and I want to spend it wisely, on things that will benefit eternity as well as my family in the present.

Thank you for your understanding. Happy Thanksgiving!

God bless,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I politely request that any questions or disagreement be sent to me directly via e-mail. You may reach me by using my contact page.