Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Let God Do the Fighting

Ex. 14:14 The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.

This short little verse caught my attention today. The Israelites were being pursued by the Egyptians in the preceding verses. The Israelites were cornered, so to speak, since they were stopped by the Red Sea. It looked like the end. Moses tells them, don't worry, the LORD will take care of you. First, the Lord created a barrier between the Egyptians and His people all night long. (Ex. 14:20). Wow! That alone is pretty amazing, but He did even more! We all know that He parted the Red Sea and they crossed over (approximately 2 million people) on dry ground! (Ex.14:21-22) What a miracle! God took care of Israel, and not one arrow was shot, not one stone was cast or punch thrown!

 Don't worry, I'm not thinking about fighting anyone, but I often think about ways that I can solve my own problems.I want to call so-and-so, and try to make a plan and work my plan. I don't want to "stand still and see the salvation of the LORD" as Moses tells Israel in Ex.14:13. I want to "Run around like a chicken with my head cutteth off and create mine own salvation". I really need to stop, to stand still, to pray, and then wait on my Father to save me. He probably has a barrier around my enemies right now, protecting me, and I don't even know it. I think I'll thank Him for that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I politely request that any questions or disagreement be sent to me directly via e-mail. You may reach me by using my contact page.