Friday, September 30, 2011

He is Real, and He is Here

Matt.11:5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached unto them.

John the Baptist is in prison. He began to doubt if Jesus was Christ. He wondered, "Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?" in Matt.11:3. The man who baptized Jesus, heard the voice of God say, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased" and saw the Holy Spirit descend like a dove, wondered if this was, in fact, the Christ.

Is it any wonder then, that I, who am nowhere near the Christian that John the Baptist was, sometimes question and doubt what I'm living for? I'm trying to make right choices everyday. I've made every major decision of my life based upon God's Word. I married my husband because I believed it was God's will. I chose to stay home with my children and even homeschool them because I believed that's what the Bible taught .But sometimes, friend, I wonder why I'm doing it all? I'm tired of the criticism, the lack of funds and the inferiority placed upon me by the world. I've asked the Lord, "You are there, aren't You? I am doing right, aren't I?"

When John questions Jesus from prison, Jesus gave John a message. He didn't go to him in person or send an angel to talk to him, he just sent word. He said, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: 

The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached unto them. (Matt.11:4-5) Jesus didn't condemn John for his lack of faith, after all, it was a momentary thing. John had suffered great things for the cause of Christ and was in prison when he began to doubt. Jesus understood that John was human. (Ps.103:14) Instead, He reminded him of the many great things that had happened. Only God could do such miracles!

He doesn't condemn me when I doubt, either. He also doesn't send a great miracle to convince me He's there. Instead, He reminds me through His Word, like He did today. He sends me a rainbow, a hummingbird or a beautiful sunset. He shows me through a friend's kind word, e-mail or note. He reminds me of past miracles that He's performed in my life, and provides for me from day to day. Only God could such miracles! And then I am comforted. I know that He is real, and He is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I politely request that any questions or disagreement be sent to me directly via e-mail. You may reach me by using my contact page.