Monday, September 12, 2011

He Knows Best

Ex. 12:23 For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.


Ex. 13:17-18 And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God led them not through the way of the land of of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, Let peradventure the people repent when they see war, and they return to Egypt. But God led the people about, through the way of the wilderness of the Red sea: and the children of Israel, went up harnessed out of the land Egypt.


Is anyone out there like me? Do you ever scratch your head and wonder what God is doing? I've been doing that a lot lately.  I wonder, "Lord, why are doing so-and-so? It seems like this other way would be so much better." Or, "Lord, why is this happening now? Could  you make it go away, or at least take the pain away?" Usually, the Lord doesn't solve the problem immediately,. or take the pain away. I have noticed, however, that He pours out just enough grace to get through the day, the week, the month, and so on.

Yesterday was a hard day for me. To be honest, going to church wasn't what I felt like doing. I wasn't feeling well physically, and I felt very alone for some reason. I dragged myself to church and the Lord helped me so much. We had a visiting singer come through, Bro. Tommy Drewett. He wasn't scheduled to be with us, but due to some sudden changes, he had the opportunity to come by. Every song he sang was just what I needed! I think I had tears in my eyes during the entire time he sang. I have several of his CDs, but I wish I could have had a recording of those five or six songs he sang. I'd like to listen to them over and over and over. That's how much it blessed my heart. I prayed as he sang, saying "Thank you, Lord, for being here for me today. Just for me." Now, He was probably there for many people in a specific way. I hope so! But I know He was there for me. I think the Lord had him pass through just for me. I hope that doesn't sound selfish or prideful, I just mean that the Lord loves us enough to do big things like that for us, and I believe that yesterday, He did it for me.

In my reading today, I see that God provided a way for the children of Israel to be protected from "The Destroyer". He's done that for me, too, through the blood of Jesus! I'm forever protected from the punishment for sin! Praise the Lord! I also see that He led the children of Israel the long way out of Egypt. We see why in verse 18. He wanted to protect them from war. Once again, God is taking care of His precious children. If you've read Exodus before, you know that the Israelites murmur and complain numerous times. They don't appreciate what God is doing, probably because they don't know.

I don't know what God's doing in my life, either. I do know that I've given it to Him, 100%, so why do I worry or fret about it? I should just trust and relax. For all I know He's using difficult circumstances to protect me. He knows best and He is with me, whether I understand His plan or not.