Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Jesus Says Good-Bye

So, I'm a little strange, I guess. I get really attached to characters in books, especially Bible characters, because  after all, they were real. I hate to come to the end of their lives.The end of Jesus' life is no exception. In John chapter 16, he tells the disciples about what to expect after He is gone. He says, Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you... (John 16:7-8b) He goes on to tell about His death, resurrection and the second coming.

To end the chapter, Jesus says These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)
What a great way to begin my day! To be reminded that even though Jesus is gone, and has been for centuries now, I have the Comforter, the Holy Spirit. And to have Jesus say to me, in these very troubled days, that I need to be of good cheer, for HE has overcome the world! My hope is in Jesus, not in myself. I can say with confidence that I can make it, because He already has.

Oh, and isn't it nice that when I come to the end of a Bible character's life, I can just flip back a few pages and re-live it all over again? :-)

Have a wonderful day today, friends! Our hope is in the Eternal One, so let's not worry about these temporary times.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I politely request that any questions or disagreement be sent to me directly via e-mail. You may reach me by using my contact page.