Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Difference

Is.29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me me is taught by the precept of men:


This verse reached out and grabbed me today. I think it could be describing Christianity today. We have so many people filling up Baptist churches all over America, yet it's hard to "spot" a Christian in the real word. Everyone is the same - so few are vibrant, excited to share the Gospel with others! They come to church and say they are saved, they say they love God, they even say they fear God. But, do they? If you love the Lord, you'll obey Him (John 14:15) To truly fear God, you have to believe that He is God, you have to realize that all things are under His authority; you have to believe on Him and know that one day you will stand before Him. It's not a fear as in "I'm shaking in fear", but a fear as in "I know His power and I respect Him for it."

The best way, or rather, the only way to know His power is to have experienced His salvation. Probably many folks lack a true love for and fear of God because they don't really know Him, they merely know of Him. There is a difference.

I grew up in a Christian home. My parents, brother and sister were the real deal: what you saw on Sunday, was they were on Monday-Saturday. I remember as a five year old, wanting what they had, but not knowing exactly what it was. I bet I prayed to ask God to save me two dozen times! I didn't get saved, however, because I didn't understand. I didn't even know I was a sinner, or what sin was! The day I got saved, June 12, 1993, I experienced a change! It was not a feeling - I didn't cry or anything - but I knew in my mind and heart that I was born again! No doubt about it. There was something different now. I no longer searched or tried to imitate my parents' or siblings' walk with God. I had my own.

Perhaps you've never truly met Jesus for yourself. It's not too late! If you already know Him, then you've seen the difference for yourself.

My prayer is that others will easily see the difference in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I politely request that any questions or disagreement be sent to me directly via e-mail. You may reach me by using my contact page.