Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Daily Dose

Heb. 3:12-13 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

These verses explain exactly why each of us needs to be in God's Word daily, on our own. It doesn't matter if you read a whole book of the Bible each day or a whole chapter. It doesn't matter if it's one hour a day or 15 minutes a day. Being in God's Word, everyday, is like looking in the mirror - the spiritual mirror.(James 1:23-25) We need to see if we have "an evil heart of unbelief"; we need to be exhorted to do right, to keep going, to stay faithful.

Being in church is an excellent way to get fed from the Word of God. God has ordained regular men to proclaim His Word, so we should be in our places to hear "thus saith the Lord." But that shouldn't be the only time we study God's Word.

I can't tell you how many days I rise and try to shine, but the last thing I want to do is plant myself in front of God's Word. But I also can't begin to tell you how many times I walk away a different person. I'm humbled (or humiliated), I'm loved, I'm encouraged, I'm strengthened.

I have a great husband and a wonderful pastor. ;) I have a very loving family. I'm blessed with friends who care about me. But no one on Earth can do for me, what God can do through the pages of His holy word.

You could think of God's Word as your daily spiritual vitamin. Have you had your dose today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I politely request that any questions or disagreement be sent to me directly via e-mail. You may reach me by using my contact page.