Thursday, November 3, 2011

Destitute

Psalm 102:17 He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.


This verse was good news to me this morning. I may not be "destitute" in the literal sense of the word. It means "not having the basic necessities of life." I have food and shelter and clothing, I have the "necessities". But I feel needy in other ways. I feel spiritually needy. I've been fighting my flesh in a certain area for a while. It rises up, I conquer it. It rises again, I stumble, then conquer it. I'm out of breath, but I keep going. I'm loaded down, but I keep moving, even if it's just an inch. I need help. I need renewal, revival, refreshment...and any other good "re" word! :)

What a blessing it was to see that those of us who are destitute, and in this case meaning, "not having the necessities of spiritual strength" (my own version of the word), can pray. Best of all, God will hear and not despise our prayer! I'm looking for an answer today, and everyday. I need His help.We are beginning revival services this coming Sunday through Thursday. I'm praying for God to do a work in everyone that comes, but especially me. I need Him to work in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I politely request that any questions or disagreement be sent to me directly via e-mail. You may reach me by using my contact page.