Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I Wish I Could See You

Is. 64:1 Oh that thou wouldest rend the heavens, that thou wouldest come down, that the mountains might flow down at thy presence.


When I was a little girl, I used to wish that Jesus could come down and talk with me, face to face. To tell me that yes, He was there. To tell me what I, specifically do with my life. You know, like, "Valerie, you should become a _________ and marry __________." Of course, in time, He did show me what I should do and whom I should marry! But it would have been nice to have heard it with my ears straight from Him.

Today, this verse in Isaiah caught my attention. It's like Isaiah is saying the same thing I used to say as a kid! In fact, I just told my husband the other day that I wish Jesus could come down and see us in person! I want to cry at His feet (real feet). I want to worship and adore Him (in person), I want to hear from His lips what we should do in the situations we are facing. I wish he would "rend the heavens" and "come down".

The truth is, I can cry at His feet, worship and adore Him, and hear from His lips what He wants me to do. No, none of it is literal, but real enough through the eye of faith. And you know, He just might "rend the heavens" and call His children home to heaven today! Would that be wonderful?! Are you ready? I sure am. He's my best, and often, my only friend. I wish I could see Him, just like I wish I could see some of my real-life friends. It's a blessing to know that someday, I will see Him, and that it might be today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I politely request that any questions or disagreement be sent to me directly via e-mail. You may reach me by using my contact page.