Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Psalm 27:11,13-14

Ps. 27:11 Teach my thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.


13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. 14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Today's verses encouraged me so much. I just want to dissect them a bit, and share how they blessed me.

"lead me in a plain path" - I've always loved this verse. David asks God for a plain, or clear, path. Not an easy path, not a fun path or a path to wealth and fame, but clear. David doesn't want to have any doubt that he's headed in the direction in which God wants him to go. That is my prayer, also. I hate "ambiguous". I like "obvious". :)

"I had fainted, unless I believed" - Sometimes, our faith and belief that God is working is all we have. We can't see Him working. Sometimes, I wonder if He even hears my prayers or knows I'm still alive. Then, the Holy Spirit inside me reminds me that feelings can be wrong. I must trust Him, even when I can't see evidence that He is here.Because He is.

"to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living." - I often feel encouraged that one day, when I die, I'll be in heaven! Hallelujah! I'll be with the Lord forever and ever! No pain, no sorrow, no tears, no goodbyes, no sin!! But, David says he believed that the he'd see God's goodness in the land of the living. That means, on earth, while he's still alive. I believe I'll see God's blessings now. Today. Tomorrow. Next week. As long as I'm alive, I must believe I'll see the Lord's goodness. I know I will after I die. It's nice to know it while I'm still breathing, too.

"Wait on the LORD" - Waiting is very hard to do for me. I'm an instant gratification kind of girl. But waiting is good for me, and, it's necessary. Not waiting would mean not following God's plan. Bleck.

"be of good courage, and he will strengthen thine heart" - It sounds pie in the sky, doesn't it? Like something I'd say to my four year old to stall her. But, it's true. Just recently I've discovered that if I wait on the Lord and boldly face situations where it would be easier just to run, I get strength. Not enough to last all month or all week, but enough to last all day. Then, the next day, I get more, and so on. Before I know it, I've made it, not just a week, but a month or more.

"wait, I say, on the LORD." - Repetition. Because I'm hard headed and stubborn.

God is good, even when life is bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I politely request that any questions or disagreement be sent to me directly via e-mail. You may reach me by using my contact page.